Tara's

Thursday, September 1, 2011

adjusting to new life.

Wow, I’m really bad at this blogging thing... last I blogged was a month ago, then a month before that.
Lame.
You wouldn't even believe that I think about my blog almost every day.  Oh, something needs to change…now that it finally feels like a mommy/baby rhythm has been discovered, I would love for that to become a regular reality soon.
               

The past eight weeks having my mini addition in my arms has been super challenging in so many ways, but absolutely delightful at the same exact time.  It’s hard to pinpoint to myself what this experience has been like.  I guess for me, the always wanting to multi-task individual that I am, it's hard to still not be able to expect a certain schedule of the day.  Though we have the INCREDIBLE blessing of our little guy getting lots of sleep at night, he has just started napping more than an hour or two during the day.  It's pretty wonderful!  For a while, if he wasn't sleeping, he was fussing and trying to fall asleep in my arms only.  So my days were spent snuggling a fussy baby off and on, and as soon as I put him down he would wake up.


yes, i want to document everything... :)



The last few weeks he has started sleeping a lot more during the day.  It may be a growth spurt, but it's been going on for a few weeks, so either he just now needs more sleep during the day, or his momma has more experience now for calming a poor fussy baby.


these pictures make me smile.  just about everything about him does.  ok, but not always in the moment, but frustrated moments are RARE compared to the moments that I wish I could just hold him all day, watch him learn to smile, listen to him coo and practice making noises and making faces.   
right now he is snoring right next to me...
i better jump into my homework and snatch up these precious moments to work on philosophy.


5 comments:

  1. Wowza! What a sweeeeetie :) I love the update, Tara. Keep them coming it is good stuff for sure! BLESSINGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is SO cute! I completely understand and can totally relate as a new momma. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw Tara!! He is precious!!! Thank you so much for sharing pictures!! Wish I could see him in person!!! :] What a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how I love you. So precious. I can't wait to hold that little guy....

    ReplyDelete
  5. sooo sweet! i want to hooooold him!

    ReplyDelete